Classic Accessories 73422 Veranda Kettle-Style Barbecue Grill Cover
List Price: $28.00
Price: $11.49 Free Shipping for Prime Members
You Save: $16.51 (59%)
Alex Zogas, Craig Kimberley and my other die hard Weber Kettle aficionados all swear by them. They’re about twice as thick as anything else and really do well to protect your grill. Read the reviews here
- THE CLASSIC ACCESSORIES DIFFERENCE: CA Veranda covers have interior bound seams for strength, high-density stitching for durability, padded handles for comfort, matching webbing for a great look and California Prop 65 compliance for health and safety
- Guaranteed to fit kettle grills 26.5″ in diameter x 38″ high
- Fits Weber Original Kettle 18″ and 22″, Original Kettle Premium 22″ and 26″, Weber Gold Series 18.5″ and 22.5″ and Silver Series 18.5″ and 22.5″ models
- Three-year limited warranty
- Gardelle Fabric System features an elegant water-resistant fabric top with a protective waterproof backing and a protective dark splash guard skirt
- You’ll be sure to find the right covers to fit your needs with over 140 shapes and styles in the Veranda Collection from Classic Accessories
- Elastic hem cord with a toggle allows adjustment for a tight and custom fit
It is rare in today’s world of cheap offshore products to find something that is made better than expected and still sells for an affordable price. Actually, that is only partially true … even some so-called “luxury” brand products are now being made offshore and are made to the cheapest standards, yet they still sell for a luxury price.
At the Amazon price of under twenty dollars I had low expectations for this grill cover. There were ones selling for much more and others with the famous brand name on them selling for about the same price. I was more interested in short-term protection for my shiny new kettle grill than I was in saving money … after all if it was a piece of junk I could buy another when necessary. I read the reviews of the famous brand and so many reviewers were making statements like “you would be just as well off using a plastic garbage bag”, but the photos and description of this cover from Classic Accessories somehow just looked better than average.
And it is. As soon as I unpacked it from the box I could tell it is better. It feels heavy-duty and immediately looks better than anything I’ve seen in the stores (and some of them sell for more than twice the price). The cover is made of a heavy canvas-like cloth material backed with an equally heavy-grade rubberized weatherproofing. All of the seams are sewn evenly and look very strong. I placed the cover over my new Charbroil grill, which is a 22.5” model but because of its shape is larger than some other grills, and the fit is perfect … it looks like it is custom made. The length is exactly as illustrated by the manufacturer on this page, almost touching the top of the wheels.
The cover has two heavy-duty handles to help remove it, sewn-in waterproof air vents and strong click-lock leg wraps, plus a tough locking drawstring. I live in a very brutal climate area, especially in summer, and I have come to learn what can survive the weather and what won’t. I predict I will still be using this cover 5 years, maybe 10 years down the road.
And the cover’s color scheme is attractive. No longer am I hiding my grill in a far corner but I’m leaving it right in view in the corner of the patio where the desert sand color helps it blend in with the ambient surroundings.
The seller’s description is one of the better ones I have seen at Amazon, complete with a handy measuring aid. Everything is exactly as represented and the cover easily earns 5-stars for its high quality and great value for the price.