Here’s a link to the kickstarter page that has been funded for more info-
As a fan of the snake method for long cooks I highly recommend this kettle accessory.
Here is the video I made demonstrating it’s use-
Link to purchase- https://amzn.to/2P45ZlW
They are heavy duty. They are well constructed. They blow the standard weber Charcoal Grates Out of The Water.
Are they necessary? No
Are they an awesome upgrade and tremendous gift for a big time Weber kettle Aficionado? Absolutely
Gorgeous and Beefy.
From the website:
Start your kettle easier and keep it burning longer with the EZ Light Bottom Charcoal Grate! Replace your beat up old version and get this new upgraded and easy to use charcoal grate.
- Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Rod Construction – Long lasting and hard wearing. No rusting!
- Designed to let your grill breathe right. No more clogs and easier temperature adjustments
- Built in fire starter channels. Place your starter cubes in the channels and then cover with charcoal. It couldn’t be easier!
- Designed to fit the Weber Kettle as a CHARCOAL GRATE, this is not designed as a cooking surface. This grate is 17 inches in diameter and is the same size as the OEM charcoal grate
- Replace that rusted our charcoal grate or baskets and give yourself an upgrade.
Mix sour cream, parmesan cheese, basil paste, feta and sun dried tomatos for the stuffing.
Roll 1/4 inch thick EVOO coated chicken breast (pound flat between two pieces of wax paper) around the stuffing, secure with toothpicks then coat with Italian bread crumbs.
I used a deflector plate. Under which I put a half a Weber chimney of lit coals on the opposite side of the grill where the chicken would go. Vents all wide open.
Cook for 25 minutes until chicken is golden brown.
Check Out The Kickstarter here
What I learned in this cook was that no matter what, you have to be patient and wait for the brisket to be probe tender.
This Brisket reached 204 degrees internal but wasn’t probe tender, enetered a stall, temps retreated even with steady 250 degree pit temps all the way from 204 back down to 189. It wasn’t probe tender until it came back up to 195F.
Patience and understanding the stall paid off.
Check out the Kickstarter
three options $30, $35, $40 for 14, 18 or 22 inch Weber grills.
Easy roasting & baking on your Weber grill
A charcoal ring that turns Your Weber charcoal grill into an efficient oven and slow roaster. Now cook whatever you can dream of!
List Price: $28.00
Price: $11.49 Free Shipping for Prime Members
You Save: $16.51 (59%)
Alex Zogas, Craig Kimberley and my other die hard Weber Kettle aficionados all swear by them. They’re about twice as thick as anything else and really do well to protect your grill. Read the reviews here
- THE CLASSIC ACCESSORIES DIFFERENCE: CA Veranda covers have interior bound seams for strength, high-density stitching for durability, padded handles for comfort, matching webbing for a great look and California Prop 65 compliance for health and safety
- Guaranteed to fit kettle grills 26.5″ in diameter x 38″ high
- Fits Weber Original Kettle 18″ and 22″, Original Kettle Premium 22″ and 26″, Weber Gold Series 18.5″ and 22.5″ and Silver Series 18.5″ and 22.5″ models
- Three-year limited warranty
- Gardelle Fabric System features an elegant water-resistant fabric top with a protective waterproof backing and a protective dark splash guard skirt
- You’ll be sure to find the right covers to fit your needs with over 140 shapes and styles in the Veranda Collection from Classic Accessories
- Elastic hem cord with a toggle allows adjustment for a tight and custom fit
It is rare in today’s world of cheap offshore products to find something that is made better than expected and still sells for an affordable price. Actually, that is only partially true … even some so-called “luxury” brand products are now being made offshore and are made to the cheapest standards, yet they still sell for a luxury price.
At the Amazon price of under twenty dollars I had low expectations for this grill cover. There were ones selling for much more and others with the famous brand name on them selling for about the same price. I was more interested in short-term protection for my shiny new kettle grill than I was in saving money … after all if it was a piece of junk I could buy another when necessary. I read the reviews of the famous brand and so many reviewers were making statements like “you would be just as well off using a plastic garbage bag”, but the photos and description of this cover from Classic Accessories somehow just looked better than average.
And it is. As soon as I unpacked it from the box I could tell it is better. It feels heavy-duty and immediately looks better than anything I’ve seen in the stores (and some of them sell for more than twice the price). The cover is made of a heavy canvas-like cloth material backed with an equally heavy-grade rubberized weatherproofing. All of the seams are sewn evenly and look very strong. I placed the cover over my new Charbroil grill, which is a 22.5” model but because of its shape is larger than some other grills, and the fit is perfect … it looks like it is custom made. The length is exactly as illustrated by the manufacturer on this page, almost touching the top of the wheels.
The cover has two heavy-duty handles to help remove it, sewn-in waterproof air vents and strong click-lock leg wraps, plus a tough locking drawstring. I live in a very brutal climate area, especially in summer, and I have come to learn what can survive the weather and what won’t. I predict I will still be using this cover 5 years, maybe 10 years down the road.
And the cover’s color scheme is attractive. No longer am I hiding my grill in a far corner but I’m leaving it right in view in the corner of the patio where the desert sand color helps it blend in with the ambient surroundings.
The seller’s description is one of the better ones I have seen at Amazon, complete with a handy measuring aid. Everything is exactly as represented and the cover easily earns 5-stars for its high quality and great value for the price.